Current Forum Topics
- Hard starting 1406 Carb new problem.I have a had a 1406 Edlebrock carb on my car for about 6 years with no issues. Lately the car is becoming hard to start. It does not seem to be getting fuel. I have to keep pumping the gas petal for a long time to get fuel. Once it starts it runs fine […]
- Hello, from NYC. 73 Mach 1Bought a 73 Q code, 4 speed manual a month ago. Been wanting a 71-73 for over 20 years. This one is very clean overall, but not idling great. Coughs through the carb sometimes, has done a few loud backfires while driving, sometimes will die at idle on its own, has done a little bit […]
- Screw types size needed for lower cover steering columnLost some screw when I moved last summer. I finally have some time to work on the car. The part I need the screws for are for is. I think to 2 are a coarse tread type and the other 2 are a fine tread type but not sure about the head size or length. […]
- Voltage regulator ?What should the correct voltage be? I have between 14.65 and 14.75 volts at the battery with the car running. The light are brighter than normal and have a flicker that's new on the head lights and tail lights. I have a Motorcraft electronic regulator that about 4 years old. John J
- Anyone identify these two pieces of aluminum channel?Okay- I am going through all the trim I have stashed away and found two pieces that I can not figure out where they go on my coupe. Anyone know? They might have come off a fastback I parted out.
- The Rickster - a 73 Mach 1 work in progressWell, since my 73 Coupe burned, I've been working on getting another project. I was able to find a 73 Mach 1, and last weekend, my wife and I drove to eastern Tennessee and picked it up. Yesterday, I was able to clean it out, and vacuum the trash from the floor to see just […]
- Big sale? on AC systems at CJPonyPartsOK hopefully that won't come off as clickbait but just thought this was funny. Got an email from CJP about their big Memorial day sale including things like AC systems that never go on sale. On a $1,700 purchase, check out that huge discount.
- Leaky front crank seal.After replacing the front main seal on my boss, it continues to leak. I’ve changed it twice. I’ve sleeved it with a kit. Still leaks a drop or so after running. Any secret to installing the damper? I’ve used plenty of lube, SLOWLY seated it on the crank, no other way due to the snug […]
- Anything AVOCADO!Hello members. I have a 73 mach 1 with an avocado interior. i've been able to source some of the interior parts such as carpet and headliner. Overall, the interior is solid but I desperately need an Avocado dash in good shape. Mine is significantly cracked and would require extensive repair and then a repaint. […]
- 71 Mach1(Trans Am) 2" nose dropI am building a 71 Mach 1 into a Trans Am car.I'm building the car as if it have been built by Kar Kraft had Ford not canceled the program.I am however taking some creative liberties in doing so. The car is a 429cj,4 speed.Going to run 8" Minilites in front with 10s in the […]
- What did you do to your car today?On another website I frequent this is by far the most popular thread there. I thought I would try it here. Now guys we're not talking the daily driver or momma's car. Let's keep this specifically devoted to posts on our 71-73 Mustangs. Like usual no flaming, constructive opinions and commments please. I'll get it […]
- ’71 Mach 1 Resto ProjectI just bought this '71 Mach 1 in November in Vegas and shipped it back to the Chicago area. I was just informed about and joined this forum today. I am going to restore this Mustang to my tastes rather than to original. I had a white and black '73 as a high schooler and […]
- Personalized Plates Lets see how may different one are out there.
- Avocado interiorHi i am staring to work on my 73 mach 1 interior which is avocado. Do anyone have any door panel or any interior avocado parts I got to replace the hold interior Thanks
- C-6 to T-5 swapWell, I'm getting started on my 5-speed swap. Since there are no documented C-6 to T-5 swaps that I can find on the net i figured why not post my exploits here. My parts selection may be unique to this particular swap but there is a reason for their selection... so here it goes. The […]